U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old female asked about a female:

My daughter was given zpak for r ear infection on friday by saturday night l ear now also hurts bad. is antibiotic earning? she's 11 should i wait or take her back to be seen again

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urgent Care 21 years experience
Call your MD: You should call your MD right away. Does your daughter have a penicillin allergy? Studies show that macrocodes like azithromycin has limited activity against Haemophilus influenzae and Streptococcus pneumoniae. The physician should also treat her pain. You can use children's tylenol (acetaminophen) and contact your pediatrician to make sure your daughter improves. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Provided original answer
Jan 31, 2016
Last updated Jan 31, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.