is cephalexin 500mg safe to take every 6 hours when pregnant? my doctor prescribed this.

Dr. Stephen Scholand
23 years experience Infectious Disease
Benefit vs risk: This medication is pregnancy category B - which means that it is considered 'safe' in pregnancy. The doctor prescribing the medication has to consider potential benefit vs. risk - and hopefully this was done to your satisfaction. If not, ask questions - it's their job. Usually the most critical time for any medication and pregnancy is the first trimester, if that's past, then I don't worry so much
Answered on Jul 19, 2019