U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Arab Emirates
A 25-year-old male asked:

I'm suffering swelling on my left leg, it started with dvt, dvt is cleared but swelling remains for past 7 years, is there any treatment i can do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
Compression socks: You can try some compression stockings. Also a massage therapist that specializes in lymphedema treatment may be helpful. If there is any chance of recurrent DVT see your doctor right away.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 26, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.