U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old female asked:

My pcp says the lumps on my collar bone are fatty something or another but they are tender. i think they are swollen lymph nodes. how can you tell the difference?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Frank Kuitems
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Well: In person exam by primary care physician is the best way to figure out of bumps under the skin or like a fatty tumors or lymph nodes
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 9, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.