U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Oklahoma City, OK
A 48-year-old female asked:

An er visit and ct noted an 8mm sub pleural nodule on low/right lung. said to retake ct in 3 mos. should i see a pulmonologist sooner? or wait?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ken Levin
Radiology 45 years experience
Wait: That nodule is too small to characterize. Following up according to guidelines is probably what the pulmonologist will tell you. Other, considerations include family history and your personal smoking history.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 27, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.