Holbrook, NY

My sister had a uppper rt lung lobectomy last year ...has non small cell adeonocarcinoma....ct scans and pet scans every 3 months...past 2 recent ct scans plus pet scan are showing an increased pleural based nodular density in the rt lower lobe anteriorly

Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
May need biopsy : Has to be concerned for recurrence of tumor, I am sure her doctor already explained , if there is fluid will analyze , may visualize area with thoracoscope and biopsy the area, if it is scar nothing to be done, if it is a recurrence need additional treatments and to follow her doctor advice.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Joseph Accurso
Radiology 30 years experience
Could be recurrence: This needs to be worked up - it could be recurrent cancer, or possibly reactive, especially if radiation therapy was performed. See the oncologist and ask for specifics about this finding. Was the pet scan positive in the same area? If so, that raises the concern, but it still could be reactive.
Last updated Jun 28, 2020