Do you know why the top of my mouth is yellow? and i'm scared about going to the dentist in case i have something like gum disease.. , i'm 18 and my teeth are also yellowish and the back of my bottom teeth are yellow with black bits but only visible whe

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Paul Garrett answered

Specializes in Radiology

Dentists not all bad: You can't go through life avoiding dentists. Gingivitis can even hurt your heart, so buck up and get checked out. I don't have a good clue about a yellow mouth in the absence of other yellowed areas like eyeballs, so see a dental professional. Black bits on your teeth are not cool. Are you gonna wait until they fall out?

Answered 11/27/2017

1.8k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Don't be scared: You probably do have both tooth and gum infections. Your Dentist wants to help you, not judge you. You can't do this yourself. You need immediate professional help. The longer you delay, the more extensive and expensive treatment becomes. Please call Dentist now.

Answered 9/8/2016

1.8k views

Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Multiple Issues: So hard diagnose these things over the internet, especially without being able to examine you. But a local dentist can. You're an adult now, no need to be scared. If you have a problem, it will only get worse without treatment. Seek the help of a local dentist.

Answered 7/12/2018

995 views