U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old female asked:

How can my severe tbi from infant abuse still affect me today? i.e: impulse control, irrational behavior, anxiety, etc.. how can i stop it or treat it

1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Pacita David
Psychiatry 32 years experience
Discuss with doctor : Recommend starting by seeing your primary care doctor for a complete examination and appropriate testing as needed. Based on the findings your doctor may recommend referral for further evaluation to either a neurologist, psychiatrist and/or other mental health specialist for treatment. You may have more than one medical condition contributing to your current presentation. Hope this helps. Best.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 25, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.