i had an ablation done nine years ago and i started spotting. will my periods come back?

Dr. Julie Abbott
44 years experience Preventive Medicine
Possible, unlikely: As you know, the ablation scars uterine tissue preventing bleeding. Sometimes these scars break down or fibroids are growing in the uterine wall behind them. If you have had no bleeding for 9 years, and now spotting, see your gynecologist. It may just be random, occasional spotting or something that will cause more bleeding. An ultrasound will probably be helpful to see what is going on. Good luck
Answered on Jan 5, 2019