a blast of sudden, severe itchiness came over me, for no reason i know of. no rash, no redness, just my entire body being engulfed in maddening itchiness. i took a benadryll, but no luck getting rid of this itch. it's 1:24 am and i can't get to sleep beca

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
57 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Need more history: It is hard to tell based on the scanty history given. Have you been using a new skin lotion, soap (esp. strongly scented) laundry detergent, supplement, new medication, new food item etc? Dry skin is a common problem this time of the year and it may be worthwhile to use some moisturizer on your skin
Answered on Dec 17, 2015