A member asked:

I have a pea sized bump under my skin in pubic hair area and its stings a little with a little discomfort is this cause by a ingrown hair?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Michael Tomeo answered

Specializes in Dermatology

Probable cyst: Yes an ingrown hair or follicular cyst can be inflamed and cause discomfort

Answered 12/9/2015


Dr. Zafar Khan answered

Specializes in Urology

Yes: These bumps in hairy areas are generaly due to ingrowing hair. If it is persistent it may be a sebaceous cyst-a harmless condition.

Answered 7/7/2017



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor