Canada

I was on the computer for probably 2 to 3 hours (reading a book) and now my eyes feel strained and the white part of my eye is red should i be worried?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Eye fatigue: Please see your eye doc to rule out medical conditions. Make sure to blink a few times a minute when on the computer. Also, move your eyes around, to and from the computer and change the distance of the computer a bit. The eyes fatigue and dry out from constant staring. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Neil Notaroberto
Ophthalmology 30 years experience
Visual fatigue: After using a computer for a period of time can occur if one has a slight refractive error or accommodative dysfunction (also remedied by glasses). A good vision exam that tests both near and distance vision, as well as a good ocular exam looking at the ocular alignment and ability to accommodate properly will give you the solution to your problem. Also using artificial tears will help the redness
Last updated Nov 27, 2017