United Kingdom

I just took robutussin, but i forgot i had mucinex, (guaifenesin) which is better for my symptoms. can i now take the mucinex, (guaifenesin) or will the two drugs interact?

Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiac Electrophysiology 42 years experience
There are several: different formulations of Robitussin and several different formulations of Mucinex (guaifenesin). Some contain identical drugs to each other and others do not. Since you have not specified, it would be best to wait the appropriate amount of time per the directions on the bottle and then make the switch to another agent rather than risk doubling up. It should only be 6 hours till your next dose so you can wait.

Last updated Dec 6, 2015