my tonsil is enlarged and painless w/ brownish red small patches. been like this for over a month. history of viral tonsillitis, no current symptoms.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Randy Stevens
23 years experience General Surgery
Observe : your tonsils are swollen after a virus. Careful watch and observe. At 20 years of age it might take a while for swelling to resolve.
Answered on Dec 2, 2015
1
1
Dr. Randy Stevens
23 years experience General Surgery
Provided original answer
Mononucleosis patients should also have fatigue. If you have these symptoms then you should see a doctor for testing.
Dec 1, 2015
Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
50 years experience General Practice
Culture: I would recommend a culture of the throat to rule out a viral infection or a specific bacterial infection. Infectious mono also needs to be ruled out. You need a specific diagnosis. See an ENT doctor.
Answered on Dec 2, 2015
1