please suggest what food and drinks damages your teeth the most?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Acid: Anything acidic, followed by anything high in sugar.
Dr. James Donley
Dentistry 54 years experience
Acid : Foods that are acidic or are simple carbohydrates that the oral bacteria can convert to acid as a waste product. All soft drinks that are carbonated are acidic. Watch even bottled water. Many are acidic. Citrus fruits are acidic. The acid content causes the enamel to dissolve leading to cavities.
Dr. David Schleimer
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Carbohydrate rich foods that are sticky are far more cariogenic than liquid carbs. I am not advocating soda or "sports" drinks, but fruit roll ups and similar foods, raisins for example pose a greater threat as they adhere to the tooth surfaces and provide food for the acid producing bacteria that cause cavities. It is the length of time that the sugary food lingers in the oral cavity that makes it a greater threat.
May 3, 2013