U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old female asked:

Im 17&sometimes i get pains in the area of my heart, could that b the bad foods im eating? maybe clogged arteries or high cholestrol? what do i do? :(

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiac Electrophysiology 44 years experience
Most usually pains: in the chest in a 17 year old woman are from the muscles and the bones. Obviously you feel guilty about your diet so change it! It would be worthwhile seeing a health care provider and being evaluated. They can check your cholesterol level and examine you for signs of heart disease and then give you dietary advice as well. Make the change when you are young and live a long and productive life.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 24, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.