I have a white line on the flat part of my tonsil. Earlier this year I had a severe case of strep, since then I have had unusually frequent and painful cases of sore throat. I discovered recently that the causes may have been from large tonsil stones, whi

Dr. Corey Clay
9 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
Tonsil stones: Tonsil stones can be painful and make you prone to infection. Sometimes they can be removed easily. Sometimes it is preferable to remove the entire tonsils. This straight-forward evaluation can be initiated by primary care specialist or ENT. The initial question is cut off, but hope this helps.
Answered on Nov 25, 2015