MD

I had meniscus surgery 2 weeks ago . doctor went out of town this past week but my calf is hurting and now my foot is staying cold. what should i do ?

Dr. Michael Morris
General Surgery 53 years experience
Venous thrombosis o: deep venous thrombosis of the leg will cause your calf to hurt. The cold foot may be related to thrombosis of the venous system with an increase in the pressure in one of the leg compartments causing enough pressure to affect the arterial supply to the foot. There may also be a thrombosis affecting the arterial blood supply to the leg which may be related to birth control pills taken before the s
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Faiz Shakir
Gastroenterology 17 years experience
Go to er: It could be a deep vein thrombosis. If this moves it could be life threatening due to risk of lodging in the lung vessel (pulmonary embolism).
Dr. Michael Morris
General Surgery 53 years experience
Agree fully with the possibility of a pulmonary embolus. The patient however is concerned about her cold foot which is very troublesome and is an urgent problem that needs care.
Nov 16, 2015
Last updated Nov 17, 2015