SC

i have an abscess on a tooth that is bad can i pop it untill i can get to my dentist on the 16?

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
Pain Management 36 years experience
Not recommended: If you think you may have a dental abscess, see an emergency dentist (24/7) as soon as possible. Check 1800dentist.com‎ for emergency dentist near you.
Dr. Armine Nazarian
Dentistry 29 years experience
Visit the dentist!: I would not recommend for you to pop it because you may spread the infection. This can be life threatening so please call the dental office and they may see you before your appointment as an emergency or provide you with a prescription of antibiotics until you go in for your appointment.
Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry 46 years experience
Not recommend : Some abscess do "pop" or drain. This may help with your symptoms like pain but reason not corrected. It may be better to call your dentist and get in sooner or see if they can start some antibiotics. If you have seen your dentist regularly, they may feel comfortable calling meds to pharmacy. Call today. Accesses can be fatal.
Dr. Raymond Traver
Dentistry 35 years experience
Go ahead then keep rinsing with hot water to enhance drainage Get to dentist asap to treat the tooth and antibiotics
Nov 8, 2015
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Dental Abscess: A dental abscess requires treatment asap- removal of the cause of the infection and antibiotic coverage. The most important thing that you can\should do is get an appointment with a General Dentist or Oral Surgeon today or at least tomorrow. These situation can go downhill quickly and can even be life threatening (which is true whether or not you "pop" it! If you have fever, etc. go to ER;