United Kingdom (Great Britain)

can you get rid of an abscess without going to dentist as i am terrified of them also tooth has already been removed?

Dr. Jack Binder
Specializes in Dentistry
Sorry: Sounds like you had a tough time at the dentist's office. If the extraction site is still infected after an extraction, something is wrong, and it is unlikely to get better on its own. Find a caring, compassionate dentist for an opinion.
Dr. David May
Dentistry 30 years experience
Probably not: If the tooth is completely gone, the abcess might resolve with antibiotics. If you have already been on antibiotics you should go back to the dentist who did the work and have them make sure there is nothing left, or that there is not another tooth that is causing the abcess.
Dr. Kayvon Javid
Dentistry 20 years experience
No: You need to see a licensed dentist to take care of your infected tooth. You may not see the root but its there and it's causing an infection underneath your gum and inside your body. There are many dentist out there who can perform a variety of sedation.