CT

Drank heavily 8-10 years. stopped 6mo ago. have a few spider veins& petechiae, but consistently normal cbc, platelets, ast, alt, alk phos. cirrhosis?

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Surgery 44 years experience
Where?: Too young for cirrhosis in spite of your heavy drinking. If you are concern about your liver get liver function test. If the spider vein are on the legs then unlikely it is connected to the liver, mostly varicose a vein. If it is on your abdominal wall, it is likely could be related to your liver, see a doctor anyway
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Ekizian
21 years experience
Cirrhosis: Liver cirrhosis does not occur in every person with a LIFELONG pattern of heavy drinking. In fact, it only occurs in 20-30% of these people. I don't know what you mean by "drank heavily," but I seriously doubt you have liver cirrhosis. Liver cirrhosis can only be diagnosed with a liver biopsy. Why do you think you might have liver cirrhosis? Are you sure you have "spider veins" and "petechiae?"
Last updated Nov 10, 2016