had a mucocele in my inner lip surgically removed 2 mnt ago. result of the surgery is that i have a hard small scar tissue bump. will it go away?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Alan Mindlin
49 years experience Ophthalmology
Should: This may be a need for more time. Discuss this with your surgeon.
Answered on Dec 8, 2016
1
Dr. Keerti Sahasrabudhe
21 years experience Dentistry
Unlikely: Usually this area gets fibrosed and the bump will remain. May change size slightly.
Answered on Dec 8, 2016
1
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Perhaps in time: It is not unusual for it to take up to 1 year for scar tissue to diminish. It may or may not go away completely. You can always consider revision surgery if it bothers you enough.
Answered on Feb 28, 2018
1
Dr. Daniel Quon
41 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Not Uncommon: Some mucoceles can be fairly large salivary glands within the mucosal tissues of the lip. Careful dissection of the gland as well as harvesting of additional glands will often result in a firm nodule of scar tissue during healing. I advise my patients that this is common, and over time, the firm nodule will usually blend in with the underlying tissues and become less noticeable.
Answered on Aug 5, 2018
1