Fell on my knee walikng up the stairs knee felt like it gave out on me. having sharp pain and can't hardly put full weight on it. recently tore acl.

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. M. Hytham Beck answered

Specializes in Surgery

See a doctor: do not wait you already torn your ACL once, see a doctor for a proper evaluation, and definite diagnosis, and treatment. do not mess with the knees they are carrying you everywhere.

Answered 10/12/2015

2.2k views

Dr. Glenn Burns answered

Specializes in Emergency Medicine

Go see ortho: If your ACL was repaired recently, it may have failed. The ACL repair gets weaker before it gets stronger. (It has to do with migration of new blood vessels to support the repair). If you didn't have it repaired, you may have had other underlying injury which had not need diagnosed, such as a partial miniscus tear which is now damaged.

Answered 10/12/2015

2.2k views