U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Grants Pass, OR
A 25-year-old female asked:

I have rather annoying acne scars both on my face & chest what's the best scar removal cream or gel?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 40 years experience
Acne scars may…: respond to vitamin A products (for minor imperfections) but a dermatologist may be needed for more severe defects (such as from cysts). Derm docs have a whole arsenal of ways to treat acne scars: chemical peels, dermabrasion, lasers, Botox, collagen fillers. If your acne is still active, get checked for polycystic ovary ds (increases male hormone which worsens acne) & see dermatologist
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 17, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.