shall i take oratan? i have lots of acne on my back and bit on my chest, and my face has a fews every time before and after period but left scars

2 doctor answers
Dr. Julan Crane
24 years experience Pediatrics
Acne: Not sure what that is but not what would be the usual medication for acne
Answered on Nov 25, 2015
1
Dr. Ira Katz
Dr. Ira Katz commented
23 years experience Endocrinology
I think he means Oratan which is a lower dose Isotretinoin.
Nov 24, 2015
Dr. Ira Katz
Dr. Ira Katz answered
23 years experience Endocrinology
Maybe: As a 21 year old female you have to take a lot of considerations before starting isoretinoin. It is very good acne tx with a high but not 100% cure rate. But has side effects you will have to deal with and you can not get pregnant on it. Depends on how bad your acne is and whether you are willing to deal with the side effects and go on birth control or be abstinent while on it! Need to know more.
Answered on Nov 25, 2015
1
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
56 years experience Dermatology
Try spironolactone first. Any meds now? Any birth control? If these fail, isotretinoin will rescue you.
Nov 25, 2015