My dentist is too busy to answer question. can i floss adjacent teeth starting the day after having a one stage dental implant surgical operation?

5 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Unfortunate: It is so unfortunate that your provider has no time to talk to you. Flossing should not be a problem as long as you don't disturb the surgical site. This issue as well as many others should be a part of your post op instructions. Make it so.

Answered 9/21/2015

2.3k views

Dr. Anthony Marra answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Floss gently: Flossing is key component of implant home care. Don't aggressively floss around the area and disturb the health tissue. Gently floss the areas adjacent to the implant site. Don't use a water pic this will cause blunting of the supporting soft tissue and can actually push bacteria down into the implant site causing perio implantitis.

Answered 3/21/2016

1.7k views

Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Highly Recommended: It is highly recommended to use unwaxed tape or implant-specific floss. Make sure to floss at least every night, though ideally after every meal.

Answered 3/21/2016

1.7k views

Dr. Justin Nelson answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

I would wait: Granted I appreciate your wanting to floss but due to the surgical site still healing (possibly with sutures) I would not floss directly around that area for a week at least. You still want to gently brush the area but please wait on flossing the area

Answered 3/27/2016

1.5k views