TX

I'm very concerned, i kissed a new partner a week ago, and i got a sore throat, and he got sick, throwing up the next day. i had mono a few months ago, but my doctor told me it was completely gone, and i couldn't infect anyone anymore. i've been fine un

Dr. Carol Jacobs
Specializes in Pediatrics
Relax: Your previous mono infection was not the cause of your new partner's illness. Always risk of transmission of infections during kissing but if you didn't feel sick prior to the kiss then don't feel bad. Sometimes early in an infection symptoms haven't started and we unknowingly pass things along. Hope you both are feeling better! http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/infectious-mononucleosis-topic-overview
Dr. Richard Roberts
Not mono from you: You are over mono--it does not suddenly pop up as a sore throat after all symptoms have gone; who infected whom is a 50:50 proposition, or you both picked it up elsewhere--you should have your throat swabbed to see if it is caused by Strep

Last updated Aug 22, 2017