FL

My general dentist's staff did not tell me how to thread floss over and through my bridge because she was too busy. my 1st bridge. i learned on my own?

Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dentistry 38 years experience
Advise the staff: The dentist, and staff routinely advise patient on proper home care, including instruction for self oral hygiene maintenance of bridgework using a floss threader to insert floss under your bridge. Water pik devices are also effect in cleaning under your bridge.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Stephen Gordon
44 years experience
Floss threaders: They work like a plastic sewing needle that you attach floss to, thus allowing you to gently guide floss under your bridge from the cheek-side towards the tongue-side of your bridge. Now hold the ends with each hand and slowly and gently move the floss back and forth, from the back of the bridge towards the front, several times. Pull out the floss and rinse. Waterpik & superfloss work well too.
Last updated Dec 10, 2013