TX

i have an acl tear and meniscus tear i'm waiting to see a doctor after being put in a brace my ankle is swelling should i be worried?

Dr. Sean Kearney
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
Knee injuries: If the knee injury is recent (within 2 weeks), the ankle swelling is likely the result of the injury to the lower extremity itself. This is especially true if you are not elevating the extremity regularly. Gravity will pull the fluid into the foot/ankle over time. 2-3 weeks after injury, the swelling should start to improve, but may take longer of you remain on your feet most of the day