Rocky Hill, CT

hi i recently had surgery to repair a torn acl and remove my meniscus on feb 14th. still have swelling and tightness. should i be worried?

Dr. Susan Jolly
Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery 37 years experience
Not necessarily: It is still early, but be sure to follow up with your surgery. At this early time, this would be normal, but it is always best to be sure by keeping your follow-up appointments.
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 39 years experience
NO: You are still i the early stages of recovery from the surgery you described. With time and physical therapy the symptoms should resolve .It cqan take a good 3-6 months to recover fully.
Dr. Robert Meislin
sports medicine 36 years experience
Following ACL: A period of swelling and tightness is expected for the first few weeks after surgery especially if your own tissue (autograft) is taken. Tightness after 3 weeks is of more concern and have your orthopedist review your recovery.