United Kingdom

I have pain in my upper chest to the right near my armpit, it's painful to raise my arm and if i cough it hurts in my shoulder blade and back of arm?

Dr. Dora Chizea
Anti-Aging Medicine 48 years experience
Pleurodynia: Female, no stated age has pain right upper chest, near armpit, painful to raise shoulder blade or cough. Sounds like Pleurodynia from infection/ inflammation affecting the lining of the Lung in that region. Could be caused by a number of Viruses and tends to Self- limit but if pain/ cough persist may need antibiotics and/or other treatment. Then see MD

Last updated Apr 21, 2018