i woke up with a sore chest. no caughing or sinus. the chest pain went away after a day but moved to the back/my right shoulder blade and my arm is numb. i noticed that it is more difficult to breath and it hurts when i try to breath deep.

Doctor can evaluate: Shortness of breath is not normal, unless it is the mild temporary shortness of breath with sports activities (but even then, one must be sure she is not having more shortness of breath than her sports peers have). Possible reasons in young adults include asthma, lung infection, heart arrhythmia, heart failure, fluid around the heart, fluid in the lungs, costochondritis, anxiety, etc...

Last updated Feb 25, 2020