Interpret hepatitis B panel results: Hep B surface antigen (HBsAg) - Non-reactive, Hep B core Total antibody Anti-HBc Reactive, NAT Non-reactive?

Dr. Ira Katz
Dr. Ira Katz answered
23 years experience in Endocrinology
Prior Infection: First an apology. I misread the Anti-HBc Reactive & thought it said Non-reactive for some reason. This does change things.I t shows you have had Hepatitis B and are most likely immune from the prior exposure. But this is not 100%. The hepatitis B surface Ab will still answer that question. If the surface antibody is positive you are immune, very likely w/NEG NAT/surf Ag.
Answered on Sep 27, 2017
1
1
Provided original answer
Dr. Ira Katz
Dr. Ira Katz commented
23 years experience in Endocrinology
Please feel free to consult with me at HealthTap.com/irakatzmd and we can discuss it further if you would like. This was quite an extensive work-up and can obviously understand you being confused and having more questions. Any other labs and reason for testing would be helpful to help you through the maze of understanding this testing.
Sep 5, 2015