IMy HBV test results (red cross): Hepatitis B Surface Antigen: Nonreactive; Hepatitis B Core Antibodies: Reactive; HBV PCR: Negative. Do I have HBV?

32 years experience in Pediatrics
Cured, but...: If a person's Hep B surface antigen is nonreactive, that means the lab does not find pieces of the surface of the virus. If her Hep B virus PCR is negative, that means the lab does not find the virus's DNA (genes). If the core antibody is reactive that means her immune system REMEMBERS being infected with Hep B. She is cured, but some viral DNA might be attached to her own human DNA in her liver.
Answered on May 22, 2019
1

Have health concerns or questions and need access to a doctor? HealthTap has you covered.