I was just eating peanut butter and bananas and drinking pepsi snd ever time i swallowed the pepsi it was like it got stuck in my esophagus and bubbled now i'm burping alot what is this?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Brian Affleck answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

Pepsi is a carbonated drink and that means that you are going to experience carbon dioxide gas coming out of solution as you drink. This will cause burping. When you have swallowed something before drinking that is likely to take a little longer to make it down the esophagus, eg peanut butter and banana, the Pepsi wont get too far down before it bubbles in the esophagus feeling like it got stuck

Answered Sep 2, 2015

2.3k views