A 30-year-old female asked:

Hiccuped when swallowing food,now hurts n top right chest area,it's uncomfy 2 eat/drink,feel burn@bottom of throat,feel burp n throat,like it's stuck ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Randy Stevens
General Surgery 26 years experience
Lodged food: Yes seeing a doctor for this would be a good idea. You might hiccup because you have a problem in your esophagus. A test to look at your edophagus might help. You might experience this again. Evaluation of this problem will help you
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 9, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.