Greece

I''m 21 and my vitamin b12 is 1071 pg /ml (lab values: 200 -950 pg /ml.)should i be concerned? thank you in advance.

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 41 years experience
Needs evaluation: If you are taking vitamin B12 then this is not a problem. If you aren't then I'm sorry to tell you that high B12 levels can be a sign of serious health problems including liver or kidney disease, myelproliferative disorders including leukemia and polycythemia vera and hypereosinophilic syndrome. It is important for you to be evaluated to find the underlying cause. See http://tinyurl.com/pvyna2z
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 19, 2018