U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old male asked:

I take 1500 mcg mecobalmin/ day.my vitamin b12 level is 450 pg/ml now.should i continue with the meds.?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
B-12: If you are a vegetarian you should consider remaining on vitamin B-12 supplements.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 14, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.