U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Hi my husband 38 yrs old, has been suffering with headaches, blurred vision and imbalancing, he had a ct scan and mri which shows having a arachnoid cyst in the posterior fossa region with mass effect something serious?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bishnu Subedi
Internal Medicine 16 years experience
See specialist soon: I am hesitant to answer here for your husband for privacy reasons. But I will provide general comments. 1. Above symptoms happen from the arahnoid cyst with dilation of ventricles (inner chambers inside brain). There may be other reasons as well. 2. I would go see a neurosurgeon or neurologist very soon. Or go to ER for getting admitted to the hospital, so these problems can be addressed sooner.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 26, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.