NY

I only have ibuprofen... is that okay? will vaseline help prevent scarring/permanent discoloration? it's all along the side of my face. i have both neosporin and vaseline. should i apply a dressing afterward, or allow it to air dry? sorry for so many

Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
? Scarring?: How did this happen to you? How long ago? How deep are the cuts? A superficial cut (which only cuts the epidermis) will heal without scar. Deeper cuts may well scar. Ibuprofen is for pain and inflammation and neosporin is to prevent infection. You can see a cosmetic dermatologist or a facial plastic surgeon for more advice.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 26, 2016