KS

I have this spot on my toe. i thought it was a mosquitto bc it itched bad w no color. now its dark red almost purple. not a blister. above nail bed.

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Does your dog bite ?: It still could be a bite of some sort. You are seeing a localized inflammatory reaction to a foreign protein possibly being introduced to your toe. There is dilation of the blood vessels and possible sub-dermal bleeding. Warm compresses may speed the resolution of the condition. If there is no improvement soon then it would be best to see your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 1, 2015