ME

I punched a person monday and today is wednesday and the top of my hand is swollen i can move all my fingers but when i make a fist there is pressure in the middle... there is no pain unless i try to use hand..... what should i do??

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Pain after punch: sounds like you need to go get an X-ray to rule out a fracture of your hand. Movement does not rule out a fracture. Depending on where the fracture may be, it may result in loss of function or chronic pain if not properly treated. Go see your doctor for evaluation promptly.
Dr. Siatta Dunbar
Sports Medicine 11 years experience
Xray: If you have swelling in your hand after punching someone and pain with movement or making a fist - would recommend being seen by a physician to make sure you haven't broken a bone.

Last updated Jan 2, 2021