U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

Is my hand broken? it's been swollen for three weeks after an impact. can't close fist with ring and pinky fingers.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
Injury could be fx: This could be a fracture but consider other types of injury. You need to discuss this with your physician and get an examination and imaging
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Possibly: These symptoms may well be due to a fractured bone in your hand. If not already done, get examined by a physician who will order the appropriate x-Rays. A hand surgeon is best qualified to evaluate and treat you.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 23, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.