U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 17-year-old female asked:

I've been feeling really low and recently just recovered from self harm, but i'm still feeling down. what could you recommend?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Patricia Foster
Psychiatry 45 years experience
Get help: See your pcp without delay to review your situation and get help. Be honest about any present meds (including OTC/supplements/birth control), alcohol/drug/tobacco use, past treatment and current stresses. Ask for referral to a mental health professional and get back into treatment. You've been helped before so you know treatment makes a difference. Be safe and take care.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 15 years experience
Therapy?: Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as depression is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 30, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.