U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old member asked:

What to do if i am feeling like self harming due to family issues, i need advise?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 28 years experience
Research DBT Skills: Dr Marsha Linehan, respected psychologist credited w/developing approach 2 help teach people they "can stand" feeling distressed; they can learn 2 soothe themselves & communicate feelings, including difficult/intense feelings. Approach helps foster development of stronger sense of self. It's called "dialectical behavior therapy." linehan herself struggled w/ this: http://nyti.Ms/yxtgz8.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 33-year-old member asked:

What do you recommend if I am feeling like self harming due to family issues, i need advise?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Her help ASAP: Call a hotline or go to an ER and tell them that you feel suicidal. they will help decide if you need to be hospitalized or can start outpatient psychotherapy. Individual therapy can help you sort out and find different ways to handle family relationships. You can also consider family therapy to work with members of your family with a therapist. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Last updated Jul 19, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.