U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old female asked:

I'm feeling suicidal every day.... are there any ways to stop self harming? or suicidal attempts?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology 16 years experience
Get Help!: Call 911 or go to the nearest er. Suicide hotline: 1-800-273-8255. Don't do it alone! find a mental health provider who will help you get through the difficulties and help you learn new coping skills: self-care routine, meditation, relaxation, setting up achievable goals. Consider medication, if there's a need.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 43 years experience
Yes -- get help: If feeling imminently suicidal, go to an er for evaluation and help. Call 911 if you need to. Also, psychiatrists and psychologists are experienced in helping people with this type of problem. There are many types of self-harming behaviors, and these are best helped through ongoing psychotherapy -- including dbt in some cases. You can learn ways other than self-harm to deal with issues.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 33-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 19-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 19-year-old female asked about a female:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 15, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.