NY

after 2 deep cleanings on right and left side, my gums are not bleeding where its inflame, can i still go through with invisalign treatment?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Ask dentist: Ask dentist who will do the invisalign. In general you want gums in good shape before.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Good: good, no bleeding. But continued inflammation contraindicated Orthodontic treatment as tooth movement + gum inflammation = bone loss. You have a complex multidisciplinary problem. Please see a Periodontist who is best trained to prepare your supporting tissues for tooth movement. See an Orthodontist who is best prepared to do the movement.
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Orthodontics 28 years experience
Get clearance: From a Periodontist first. Then, assuming they give the green light, use an orthodontist who is trained in tooth movement. An earlier answer noted checking with the dentist who does the treatment-- I would not use a general dentist for what is truly orthodontic treatment.
Dr. Alice Urbankova
Cosmetic Dentistry 17 years experience
Periodontal disease: Absolutely essential to keep the gums at best shape possible and stabile. Close periodontal care and maintenance is essential. The fact that inflammation is decreased does not mean you are cured from periodontal problem.