i have really bad acne and acne wash does not seem to help, my mom says its genetic on my dads side, what can i do to remove it?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Acne is treatable!: Your mom is mistaken if she believes nothing can be done about your acne. No young person needs to live with severe acne. No matter how severe your dad's problem was, this is not only hereditary; treatment is available. Modern treatment can keep acne in check, and is especially important to prevent permanent scarring. You need to see your pediatrician or a dermatologist. Insist on it!
Answered on Jul 2, 2015
Dr. Jerome Litt
70 years experience Dermatology
BAD ACNE: YOU SHOULD SEE A DERMATOLOGIST
Answered on Jul 2, 2015