TX

fianc works 7 days 12 hours, both ankles are swollen, red and hot to the touch, been like this for 3 days what could this be... on his feet all day..

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Could be: Venous stasis dermatitis.....may be wise for him to wear compressive socks.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
I'll keep Standing.: Prolonged standing is a common cause for swollen feet. Standing for 12 hours, 7 days is putting an abnormal stress on the way blood drains from the legs. You see the results, with the swelling. You can certainly try compression socks to assist with the swelling, but in all likelihood, the results will prove less than satisfactory. You simply need to figure out a way to reduce your standing time.