I stubbed my big toe on friday it is bruised and still swollen hurts to walk . i work on my feet all day what can i do for this?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Scott Keith answered

Specializes in Podiatry

The degree of the injury to the toe is directly related to the force the stubbing. Bruising and swelling is your body trying to stabilize the toe in preparation of the repair process that begins immediately after the injury. Initial treatment is the RICE treatment. Applying ice compression to the toe with elevation and rest. Concerns about fracture can be answered with an x-ray.

Answered Jun 23, 2015

2.7k views

Dr. Jeffrey Kass answered

Specializes in Podiatry

A surgical shoe could help with pain as the bottom of the shoe does not bend. However, you may or may not be allowed to wear it for work....I would recommend an xray to make sure you didnt fracture the toe as if you did you may be making it worse.

Answered Jul 15, 2018

2.7k views